Last year we did a countdown of our top albums of 2017 with Odd Boat by Flatfoot 56 taking the top spot.
That was loads of fun so now it is time for the Best of 2018. This has been a friggin tough one to call. This list started in February this year and has been changed so many times I can’t count. The top spot I was convinced was set for a long time and then it changed and changed back and then back again. Every release would cause more debate because the standard of music has been unbelievably good.
Without anymore rambling in reverse order:
FOLK PUNK ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2018
10) The Clan – Here to Stay
9) Medusa Wake – Rascals and Rogues (Review)
8) The Rumpled – Ashes and Wishes
7) Mr Irish Bastard – The Desire for Revenge
6) Sir Reg – The Underdogs
5) 1916 – Far Beyond the Pale
4) The Muckers – One More Stout
3) Krakin Kellys – Promised Land (Review)
2) Bastard Bearded Irishmen – Drinkin’ to the Dead (Review)
1) The Rumjacks – Saints Preserve Us (Review)
Well there is my favourites albums of the last year so many other came in and out of the top 10 over the year but a final decision had to be made. Once again in in pyramid form.
Thanks to Jason Billing for the photo.
Playlist of my favourite song from each of the Top 10 album:
FOLK PUNK E.P. OF THE YEAR 2018
First year counting down E.P.’s due to being a bit more organised. Some great releases this year. So in reverse order
5) Raise My Kilt – A New Tartan
4) The Grinning Barretts – The St Padraig’s EP
3) Two Man Travelling Medicine Show – A Snake’s A Snake (Review)
2) Scotch – Last in the Bar
1) In For A Penny – Sometimes its Better to Not (Review)
Well it has been an awesome year again for folk punk we have had a huge amount of fun going on about it. Feel free to let us know what you think or come argue the toss with us on facebook and twitter.
Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year and/or whatever else you may be celebrating around now.
More lists coming next year.
Over and out.